Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Within this page, ‘I’, ‘me’ and ‘Alutaz’ refers to the supplier Dasha Zatula from Alutaz. ‘You’ and ‘the client’ refers to the purchaser. These general terms and conditions apply to all activities, quotations and agreements between Alutaz and the client.
As the client, you have entered into work with me, Alutaz, on behalf of yourself or your awesome organisation. Welcome! I hope we will have a good time with lots of interesting stuff! During my time with you, I will, at all times, behave professionally. I hope I can expect the same from you. I will, of course, do my best to provide a good service to you.
The below looks a little harsh and strict, but almost every freelancer has it. It is pretty standard, and I don’t expect anything weird to happen.
- An informal conversation is free of charge, of course.
- If I send you a quote, it is valid for fourteen days.
- In advance, I will agree with your project goals and requirements, the estimated time to complete, and the final deadline.
- You will provide me with everything I need to complete the project and answer all queries in a clear and timely fashion.
- We will agree on the format for the final deliverables in either MS Word document, Google Doc, or whatever you like.
- I will treat all information you give me during the period we work together as confidential.
- Would you please make sure you are happy with the assignment details, schedule, and conditions before allowing me to carry out the work? All changes, edits or revisions must take place within the scope of these terms.
- If you approve the quote from me, I treat it as an agreement.
- If there are travel costs, telephone costs or other costs which are required for the assignment, I will include them in the price or invoice them separately.
- If you have given me the green light on an assignment and if I started to work on the assignment, you cancel or postpone it, then a ‘cancellation fee’ will be due as well as payment for the work I performed.
- If you postpone or cancel the assignment, I am not obligated to deliver you the work I’ve already done for you.
- You, my awesome client, will review my work and give feedback where required in a clear and timely fashion.
- Please make sure you check the work at your end and hand it back to me for further edits and corrections in case any errors are found in a timely fashion. If the work is finally published, I am cleared of responsibility if errors appear in the published version, regardless of whether they were in the draft I supplied you with.
- Changes or revisions may be required to the submitted work. There are no charges for the revisions or changes if they are based on a change in the assignment.
- Don’t forget to save whatever I send to you. 🙂
- All revisions must be assigned within 14 days of your receipt of the first draft of the copy.
- The time needed to make changes and amendments to the copy will vary according to the scope. We can agree on deadlines for those together.
- I agree to work punctually and meet deadlines. However, I cannot be responsible for missed deadlines due to a late deposit or delays in you providing source materials or feedback. If such delays occur, then deadlines will be revised.
- I have the right to end the assignment without any obligations if (1) you fail to fulfil any obligation under the agreement, (2) if you don’t make the payment or/and due to the bankruptcy and (3) upon liquidation of you/your company.
- Payment is due fourteen days from the invoice issue date. I will send you an invoice within 30 days after I finished my assignment.
- All payments are to be made by bank transfer.
- In case of a long-term assignment, I will invoice in more periods. You will find more about that in my offer.
- If you make the payment after 60 days after the invoice date, I will charge you with the ‘statutory interest.’ Extrajudicial or judicial collection costs are also for your account.
- In the event of non-compliance with payment obligations, you may not use the texts made available by me in any way.
- Even if you decide not to use my work, you are also obligated to make the payment as agreed.
- If your behaviour or actions ensure that I cannot complete the assignment in a reasonable manner, I have the right to resign from the assignment. I am then entitled to the full fee, as agreed.
- I cannot be responsible for deadlines missed due to circumstances beyond my control, including but not limited to: family emergencies, civil unrest, flooding, war, acts of God, national emergencies, etc. If any factors are affecting my ability to meet deadlines, I will advise you right away.
- Once the work has been signed off, published or used, any further work beyond the scope of an agreement can be negotiated and undertaken for a further fee under a new contract.
- If I have not received any feedback or comments within two weeks of submitting work to you (the initial draft or subsequent edits), I will assume you are happy the work has been completed and will invoice for the remaining balance.
- The copyright for all work remains with me until you have made the full payment. Once payment is received, all copyright will be assigned over to you. 🙂
- You are welcome to change my work after I handover you the rights. However, I am not responsible for the changes you make.
- I reserve the right to display my work and a link to the completed project as part of my online portfolio for self-promotion purposes only unless I have signed a nondisclosure agreement with you before the commencement of work.
- I will do my best to make sure all facts and statements in my work are accurate and true and that it does not infringe upon any copyright or other rights of a third party. However, I didn’t study law (just 6 months or so, many years ago ;)), and it is your responsibility to submit a copy for legal review if required or desired.
- I will not take on an assignment that creates a conflict of interest. If such a conflict of interest appears likely, I will let you know.
- I can’t be liable to you or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings, complaints, claims, litigation or other incidental, consequential or special damages that arise regarding this assignment.
- I aim for satisfaction with the copy produced before you use it, but I cannot guarantee specific results from its use. There are too many factors in your marketing that I cannot control.
- Contracts between you and me cannot be transferred to a third party without my written permission. A contract stays in place and doesn’t need to be renewed.
- Dutch law applies to every agreement between you and me. If we have a disagreement, we will try to resolve them together. 🙂
- You and I are obligated to keep secret all confidential information that we share with each other for the purpose of the collaboration. This also applies after the finish of the assignment. Information is confidential if you know or can know that it is confidential.
- Commercial register Alutaz is registered with the Chamber of Commerce (Roermond) under number 75053136 in the trade register.
Finally, thanks for reading! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. 🙂